Sunday, April 21, 2013

would you?



if you knew the secret to my loving
would you stop and watch the show?
i could flick my hair with the back of my hand
and look sideways at you,
just like those eternally breathy girl-women
men find so attractive.
i could preen for you,
looking deeply into my reflection
on the window, straightening
a pleat or two on my dress,
knowing you’re watching.
i could pretend sophistication,
sighing into murakami as you watch tv.
i could melt languidly into the bed,
hair carefully lifted away from the spot
on my neck where you like to kiss,
but you pretend you don’t see.
and when you think I’m not looking,
would you reward me with your smile?
would you taste the confessions of love
from my mouth with your lips?
when i scramble to unentangle
from your curling long hair,
the meaning of the notes
you’re playing on the guitar,
would you hold me so i don’t fall
any harder than i have already
into this green jello ocean of love?

No comments: